- Developed an externally funded research, education, mentoring, and outreach program with over 17.8 million dollars of funding.
- Edited 3 books and published 7 chapters in edited books, 1 book review, 55 journal articles, and 116 conference papers. Citation statistics (Google Scholar)—Citations: 2700+, h-index: 25
- Graduated 1 B.S.,17 M.S., and 4 Ph.D. students.
- Mentored 35 undergraduate research students and 11 undergraduate senior design project teams; over 300 K-12 teachers and over 100 high school student researchers; and 18 undergraduate GK-12 Fellows and 59 graduate GK-12 Fellows.
- Direct K-12 education, training, mentoring, and outreach programs that currently enrich the STEM education of over 1,100 students annually.
Mechatronics; Robotics; Smart Sensors; Cooperative Control; Distributed Spacecraft Formation Control; Linear/Nonlinear Control with Applications to Robust Control, Saturation Control, and Time-Delay Systems; Closed-Loop Input Shaping; Spacecraft Attitude Control; DSP/PC/Microcontroller-Based Real-Time Control; and K-12 STEM Education.
Statics, Dynamics, Mechanical Vibration, Measurement Systems, Automatic Control, Mechatronics, Advanced Mechatronics, Smart Systems, Robotics, Digital Control, Optimal Multivariable Feedback Control, Nonlinear Control, Robust Control, Instrumentation Laboratory and Real-Time Control Laboratory.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Aerospace Engineering, Flight Mechanics and Control
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, March 1996 (Advisor: Professor Wassim M. Haddad)
- Dissertation: Robust Fixed-Structure Control of Uncertain Systems with Input-Output Nonlinearities
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Dynamics and Control
Florida Institute of Technology, Melbourne, FL, March 1993 (Advisor: Professor Wassim M. Haddad)
- Thesis: Optimal Control and Estimation for Discrete-Time Periodic and Multirate Systems
- Bachelor of Technology in Production Engineering and Management
National Institute of Technology, Calicut, India, October 1988
(Formerly known as Calicut Regional Engineering College)
Office: RH 504, Tandon School of Engineering, New York University, 6 MetroTech Center, Brooklyn, NY 11201
Phone: +1 (718) 260 - 3160 / 3161